LONDON ACCOUNTING FINANCE JOB MARKET UPDATE
Despite dominating the headlines, Brexit has had little effect on the UK job market so far. While business confidence has declined, intentions to hire have increased. The UK job market has continued to defy all of the negativity and uncertainty that goes with Brexit, with demand for talent remaining strong.
- UK jobs market continues to defy gravity
- Skills shortages at critical levels risking UK growth
- The UK cannot afford to turn away skilled migrants
Prospects for Aussie and Kiwi accounting finance professionals remain particularly healthy. New arrivals continue to find work quickly. Both demand and income levels also continue to set new records. Last year:
- 78% rated London as a better place to work than home
- 89% found it easy to get a job
- 74% found a job within 4 weeks of arriving
- 83% earned more than £50,000 pa
2018 REVIEW & 2019 FORECAST
So how did people fare in the London job market in 2018, what impact is Brexit likely to have and what does that mean for 2019?
To find out, join our webinar or listen to our FREE 30-minute podcast.
This update for Australasian accountants and finance professionals is intended for both qualified and part-qualified professionals interested in working in London.
Based on the experience of nearly 1,000 Australasian accountants and finance professionals hired in London last year, topics covered include:
- Latest market news
- Current demand
- Time to get a job
- Year-on-year changes
- Who’s hiring
- Types of jobs
- Income rates & ranges
- Immediate impact of Brexit, and beyond
- Feedback from Aussies & Kiwis in London
- Advice on finding a job and working with UK recruiters
DID YOU KNOW
The team at Global Career HQ have been helping Aussie and Kiwi professionals find accounting jobs in London for over 20 years.
Helping people find work in London is more than a job for us, it’s a passion. Results, reputation and recommendations speak for themselves. More than 90% of the people we help find jobs in London have interviews arranged BEFORE they depart.
To join our upcoming webinar or listen to our latest FREE podcast, register today!