Enjoy a client facing accounting and business advisory role as an intermediate or senior accountant. Join this leading boutique firm located at the top of the South Island in Nelson, a thriving city set in a beautiful scenic area that boasts the most sunshine hours in New Zealand.
- Overseas experience valued and welcomed
- Great career opportunities and a highly competitive remuneration package
- Enjoy working in a town close to the sea and mountains with a great culture
Intermediate Or Senior Accountant | Nelson
Work for a respected boutique accounting firm. Experience a variety of work including large-scale business projects. Train clients in cloud-based software such as Xero and MYOB. Enjoy doing more traditional monthly accounting duties. Sounds like you?
Our client wants a motivated individual who will enjoy a modern, flexible environment whilst working with a well-established broad cross-section of clients.
When you’re not busy at work, take a wander through the local art galleries. Browse through boutique shops. Enjoy a coffee or a delicious meal in one of the many cafes and restaurants in Nelson. At weekends go further afield to the spectacular Abel Tasman region or enjoy the many mountain biking trails or walks in the region.
What Will You Need
Our client is looking for a senior or intermediate accountant with current or very recent professional services experience. Ideally, you will be a member of a professional accounting body such as ICAEW in the United Kingdom, SAICA or SAIPA in South Africa, or CA ANZ in Australasia. You will also need the following:
- A tertiary education or a degree qualification in Accounting
- A minimum of 5+ years’ accounting experience in professional services/chartered accountancy
- Strong communication skills
- To be a strong team player
- An enquiring mind and approachable attitude
- Ideally, some experience in Xero or else strong experience working with similar cloud-based software
This is an ideal role for a returning expat Kiwi or a professional accountant from countries like South Africa and the United Kingdom. If you can potentially relocate to New Zealand in the next 3 months upon a job offer via Skype from our client, please get in touch with us immediately.
Did You Know?
- For more than 20 years, Susie Vokins and the team at Global Career HQ have helped people find jobs in New Zealand, Australia, and the United Kingdom
- More than 70% of the British, South African and expat Kiwis we help to find accounting jobs in New Zealand secure a role BEFORE they arrive
- To learn more about us, check out what we do and how we help. Our services are entirely free, and we are here to help