Enjoy a varied role as an Accounting Assistant in a highly respected accounting firm located near the gateway to the Coromandel Peninsula
- Excellent modern working conditions
- Open, supportive environment
- Located just an hour from Auckland, Hamilton or Tauranga and the idyllic Coromandel Peninsula
Accounting Assistant | Greater Waikato
Work for a highly-respected boutique accounting firm. Experience a variety of work in a modern, flexible environment including:
- Preparation of draft financial statements
- Completion of draft tax calculations, preparation and filing of income tax returns
- Maintaining electronic diary records
- Assisting & supporting a portfolio of clients
- Communicating directly with & clients & IRD to resolve issues
- Various accounting support tasks as required
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Ideally, you will have 2- 8 years experience within a professional services environment covering a variety of financial administration and office support responsibilities. (Similar relevant corporate experience may also be considered.)
Part-time hours may be offered to the right candidate depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken business English
- Professional personal presentation
- Strong client focus
- High quality data entry
- Sound numerical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ideally some experience using accounting software such as Xero, Cash Manager, MYOB, BankLink
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and attention to detail
Preference will be given to people available to commence work within a short timeframe.
Note that candidates must have either NZ Citizenship or residency to be considered for this role.
Interested parties should send a copy of their CV plus a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 am Friday 31st May NZST.
***Due to the large volume of applications we reserve the right to only contact those candidates directly reflecting our client requirements***
DID YOU KNOW?
- For more than 20 years, Susie Vokins and the team at Global Career HQ have helped people find jobs in New Zealand, Australia, and the United Kingdom
- More than 70% of the British, South African and expat Kiwis we help to find accounting jobs in New Zealand secure a role BEFORE they arrive
- To learn more about us, check out what we do and how we help. Our services are entirely free, and we are here to help