Enjoy a varied role as an Assistant Accountant in a highly respected accounting firm located in the Greater Waikato area near the gateway to the Coromandel Peninsula
- Excellent modern working conditions
- Open, supportive environment
- Located just an hour from Auckland, Hamilton or Tauranga, and the idyllic Coromandel Peninsula
Assistant Accountant | Greater Waikato
Work for a highly-respected boutique accounting firm.
Experience a variety of work in a modern, flexible environment including:
- Preparation of draft financial statements
- Completion of draft tax calculations, preparation and filing of income tax returns
- Maintaining electronic diary records
- Assisting & supporting a portfolio of clients
- Communicating directly with & clients & IRD to resolve issues
- Various accounting support tasks as required
What You Will Need
Ideally, you will have 3 – 8 years experience within a professional services environment covering a variety of financial administration and office support responsibilities. Similar relevant corporate experience will be considered.
Part-time hours may be offered to the right candidate depending on experience.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken business English
- Professional personal presentation
- Strong client focus
- High-quality data entry
- Sound numerical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience using accounting software such as Xero, Cash Manager, MYOB, BankLink
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Demonstrate initiative and attention to detail
Interested parties should send a copy of their CV plus a covering letter to email@example.com by 9 am Friday 26th July NZST.
Candidates will have NZ Citizenship or residency to be considered for this role. Preference will be given to people available to commence work within a short timeframe.
***Due to the large volume of applications we reserve the right to only contact those candidates directly reflecting our client requirements***
Did You Know?
- For more than 20 years, Susie Vokins and the team at Global Career HQ have helped people find jobs in New Zealand, Australia, and the United Kingdom
- Over 70% of the British, South African and expat Kiwis we help to find accounting jobs in New Zealand secure a role BEFORE they arrive
- To learn more about us, check out what we do and how we help. Our services are entirely free, and we are here to help