Emergency & Disaster Planning
Seeking Management Consultants with demonstrable experience in developing and implementing emergency and disaster plans within Health or similar organisations.
Help Qatar get ready for the World Cup! As an SME in your field, your focus will be on getting Primary Healthcare Centres equipped to deal with walk in patients during the World Cup, as well as preparing them to respond to any emergencies that might arise.
To coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities, provide disaster preparedness training, and prepare emergency plans and procedures for natural, wartime, nuclear or hazardous materials spills disasters, hostage situations or pandemic outbreak.
- Collaborate with relevant authorities to prepare and analyze damage assessments following disasters or emergencies.
- Conduct surveys to determine the types of emergency-related needs that should be addressed in disaster planning, or provide technical support to others conducting such surveys.
- Consult with officials of local and area governments, schools, hospitals, and other institutions in order to determine their needs and capabilities in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency.
- Coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities such as ordering evacuations, opening public shelters, and implementing special needs plans and programs.
- Design and administer emergency/disaster preparedness training courses for client employees on how to effectively respond to major emergencies and disasters.
- Regular review and update of policies to ensure guidelines are up to date.
- Develop and perform tests and evaluations of emergency management plans in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Prepare plans that outline operating procedures to be used in response to disasters/emergencies such as hurricanes, nuclear accidents, and terrorist attacks, and in recovery from these events.
- Propose alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory changes, technological changes, or knowledge gained from outcomes of previous emergency situations.
What You Will Need:
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Health Care related subject, Master’s Degree desirable (Please note, undergraduate qualifications must have been completed in situ, not by correspondence.)
- Certifications:Certification in Incident command; emergency planning, Public Health or Safety Management or equivalent
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience preferably with public health emergencies
- Language skills: English is essential. Arabic is desirable.
- Computer skills: excellent knowledge of MS Office and MS Projects.
Please contact Gretchen email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining why a move to Qatar appeals.
Did You Know?
For more than 20 years, the team at Global Career HQ have helped people find jobs in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Qatar. Along the way, we have helped more than 30,000 people find jobs through our global connections and specialist market knowledge.
If you are interested in opportunities in Qatar and have relevant experience in a western healthcare environment, then please get in touch.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to respond only to those applications directly aligned with our client’s objectives.
Global Career HQ is proud to be chosen by our key client in Qatar to source Healthcare consultants for them.