Healthcare Change Agent – Project Manager Operations – Healthcare Management Roles Doha
- Competitive tax-free salary package
- Generous accommodation allowance and 2 return flights home per year
- Dynamic working environment in Qatar
We are seeking healthcare professionals with a sound knowledge of western healthcare for our Qatar-based client.
HEALTHCARE CHANGE AGENT
Qatar wants to enhance its services in primary health care. We are seeking qualified healthcare management professionals wishing to gain overseas experience & who can contribute best practice solutions to Healthcare in Qatar.
ABOUT PRIMARY HEALTH CARE CORPORATION (PHCC) QATAR
PHCC is the public provider of primary care services in Qatar. The National Health Strategy for Qatar recognizes the need to strengthen and expand primary care so that it provides a solid foundation for the health system as a whole.
The new Primary Healthcare Strategy sets out recommendations that will transform care over the next five years by:
- supporting people to stay at home rather than going to a hospital
- a bigger focus on weight management and stopping smoking
- creating a patient helpline for people to access health care
- creating a comprehensive program of screening to help detect disease early.
Agreed principles for implementing the strategy include the following:
- being the first and continuous point of contact
- being person and family centred
- delivering high-quality services.
AS A HEALTHCARE CHANGE AGENT, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
The successful candidate will co-ordinate projects to improve patient care services, patient safety and patient experience.
This is a dynamic and active role. You will take a hands-on approach, bringing international best practice to action the new service specifications.
- develop business plans to ensure delivery of priorities
- project manage the development of service specifications and implementation plans for the redesign of services
- co-ordinate action plans to identify and address concerns in performance and risk
- ensure patient and public involvement in service change and improvement
- monitor work for compliance to PHCC standards.
You may have recent change management experience across the following services:
- Family Medicine
- Children & Maternity
- Tobacco Cessation
- Chronic Disease
- Oral Heath
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Operational awareness and hands on experience in designing & delivering health care services.
In addition, you will need the following attributes:
- Education: a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferable. Please note, undergraduate qualifications must have been completed in situ, not by correspondence.
- Certifications: Certification in Project Management or Health Care Management
- Experience: a minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing strategies and service development programs in a Healthcare setting – PHO/DHB/SHA or similar.
- Language skills: English is essential. Arabic is desirable.
- Computer skills: excellent knowledge of MS Office and MS Projects.
- Service improvement skills: Either qualifications (e.g. lean, six sigma, etc.) or significant evidence of successful experience in healthcare change management, service improvement and transformation.
The health care change agent role in more detail:
Core responsibilities are to plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the technical and management aspects of projects.
In practice you will:
- prepare a Scope of Work for the Department’s projects
- assist with preparing strategy project proposals
- prepare Project Execution Plans, including project resource requirements
- provide expert advice and direction to others working on the projects
- set success criteria for projects
- create and deliver project execution strategies for successful delivery of the project through a project team
- ensure the work of the project complies with best practice standards, current and future legislative requirements, and PHCC’s guidelines.
- monitor and evaluate progress of projects after they are completed
- manage implementation plans and identify risks and issues associated with the plans.
DID YOU KNOW?
For more than 20 years, the team at Global Career HQ have helped people find jobs in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Qatar. Along the way, we have helped more than 30,000 people find jobs through our global connections and specialist market knowledge.
If you are interested in opportunities in Qatar and have relevant experience in a western healthcare environment, then please get in touch. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to respond only to those applications directly aligned with our client’s objectives.
Global Career HQ is proud to be chosen by our key client in Qatar to source Healthcare consultants for them.