Healthcare Programme Manager – Strategy | Doha, Qatar
- Competitive tax-free salary package
- Generous accommodation allowance and 2 return flights home per year
- Dynamic working environment in Qatar
Healthcare Programme Manager – Strategy:
Seeking Healthcare Consultants with recent strategic, corporate governance and operational experience and sound knowledge of Primary Health Care. The individual will have demonstrated experience and understanding of service redesign, project analysis and evaluation. You will have relevant experience in developing corporate strategic plans and work plans.
Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC) is the public provider of primary care services in Qatar.
The National Health Strategy for Qatar aims to strengthen and expand primary care so that it better supports the health system as a whole.
To transform health care, the strategy recommends:
- supporting people to stay at home rather than going to a hospital
- a bigger focus on weight management and stopping smoking
- creating a patient helpline for people to access health care
- creating a comprehensive program of screening to help detect disease early.
Agreed principles for implementing the strategy include the following:
- being the first and continuous point of contact
- being person and family centred
- delivering high-quality services.
Healthcare Programme Manager – Strategy:
The Healthcare Programme Manager will work as part of the Strategy team to identify and draw on best practice from other organizations in developing strategic goals, objectives and new services models, designing clinical guidelines, frameworks, improvement programs to support operational and local pathways that are sustainable and centered on patients’ needs.
The individual will understand how program/project processes are developed and have worked on processes and service improvements involving multiple work streams.
The post holder will take a hands-on approach and work with other team members to respond to “day to day” priorities of the directorate.
- plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the technical and management aspects of projects.
- prepare Scope of Work for the Department’s projects.
- assist in the preparation of strategy project proposals.
- prepare project execution plans, including project resource requirements.
- provide expert advice and direction to others by the timely application of technical and/or project management professionalism at key points in the project process.
- set success criteria for projects; formulate and deliver project execution strategies ensuring successful delivery of the project through a project team.
- ensure the work of the project complies with best practice standards, current and future legislative requirements, and PHCC’s guidelines.
- monitor and evaluate the progress following the full implementation of the assigned projects.
- management of the implementations plans and identification of risks and issues associated with the plans.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
In addition to sound programme management & stakeholder engagement, a Healthcare Programme Manager will have:
- Education: a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Management or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferable.
- Certifications: Certification in Project Management or Health Care Management
- Improvement methodology qualifications (e.g. lean, six sigma, etc.)
- Experience: a minimum of 7 years’ experience specifically within Healthcare
- Language skills: English is essential. Arabic is beneficial.
- Computer skills: Expert level in MS office applications.
Please contact Gretchen firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining why a move to Qatar appeals.
Did you know
For more than 20 years, the team at Global Career HQ have helped people find jobs in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Qatar. Along the way, we have helped more than 30,000 people find jobs through our global connections and specialist market knowledge.
If you are interested in opportunities in Qatar and have relevant experience in a western healthcare environment, then please get in touch. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to respond only to those applications directly aligned with our client’s objectives.
Global Career HQ is proud to be chosen by our key client in Qatar to source Healthcare Consultants for them.