Seeking a healthcare management professional with 7-10 years’ experience in healthcare delivery and healthcare clinical informatics. Prior experience with the rollout of electronic medical records is preferred. Experience implementing clinical applications including planning, designing, testing, educating and supporting is desirable.
- Competitive tax-free salary package
- Generous accommodation & flight allowance
- Work in Qatar’s dynamic health environment
Programme Manager – Clinical Informatics | Qatar
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director of Health Information Systems – (HIS) and work closely with the Health Information Management and Clinical Information System Teams within the directorate and the Referral Management Office, as an expert in referral management optimization program.
Programme Manager – Clinical Informatics | Qatar
Leverage clinical information technology, process design, change management, and evidence to enable improvements in the patient care experience, quality, and financial and regulatory goals. Responsible for coordinating the activities and operations relevant to E-Referral projects while managing the quality control and assurance processes.
The SME will be a hands-on expert in change, with proven experience of successfully implementing a range of clinical transformations in a multidisciplinary environment, between primary and secondary care. The SME will have knowledge of & experience in international best practice.
- To develop: a change management process to implement the transition from paper to electronic referrals
- Build specifications and guidelines for specialty referrals to other secondary health care providers in the public sector
- Create documentation and training materials for staff
- To deliver training programs with regards to the changes implemented and ensure there is a continuous evaluation process to ensure process compliance.
- Supports teams through the development and refinement of clinical designs, including process flows, order sets, decision support, analytic reporting, documentation templates and online forms.
- Serves as a liaison for the organization related to clinical systems implementation, support, and transformation activities.
- Acts as the ‘Clinical Subject Matter Expert/Analyst’ responsible for providing insight into the operational department clinical processes
- Uses clinical process knowledge to integrate application use into those clinical processes.
- Performs complex analysis of current processes and new/existing technologies in order to assist in the management and processing of data, information and knowledge to support clinical practice and the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with clinicians and organizational leaders to identify data/information reporting needs, collect & analyze data and identify trends to improve organizational performance and clinical outcomes.
- Assists in the development of a communication plan and participates in communication activities related to clinical systems to all stakeholders.
- Functions using a system-wide focus to contribute to clinical process discussions and works to achieve system-wide consensus.
- To develop a change management process to implement the transition from paper to electronic referrals
- Build specifications and guidelines for specialty referrals to other secondary health care providers in the public sector.
- Develop documentation and training materials for the staff.
- Deliver training programs with regards to the changes implemented and ensure there is a continuous evaluation process to ensure process compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Education: Minimum: PHD
- Certification: Minimum: Certification in Clinical Informatics or related field
- Experience: Minimum: 7-10 years’ experience including healthcare delivery and healthcare clinical informatics experience, implementing clinical applications including planning, designing, testing, educating and supporting.
- Desirable: Prior end user experience with Cerner solutions with organisational workflow experience preferred and role with electronic referrals, preferably on Cerner CIS
- Language Skills: English – essential. Arabic – desirable
- Computer Skills: Expert level in MS Office applications, clinical information systems
Please contact Gretchen – firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining why a move to Qatar appeals.
Did you know?
For more than 20 years, the team at Global Career HQ have helped people find jobs in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Qatar. Along the way, we have helped more than 30,000 people find jobs through our global connections and specialist market knowledge.
If you are interested in opportunities in Qatar and have relevant experience, then please get in touch.
***Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to respond only to those applications directly aligned with our client’s objectives.***
Global Career HQ is proud to be chosen by our key client in Qatar to source healthcare management professionals for core roles in Doha.